The workshop is divided into three broad categories:
1. International Standard CV writing
- Globally accepted CV writing format
- Getting the right picture and content for your CV
- Detailing of your CV and the use of “verbs”
2. Interview Preparations
- How to effectively research about the company?
- Self analysis and preparation
- Analyzing how you “fit” with the role
3. Performing in an Interview Board (with demo question/answer session)
- Detailed discussion on “top 10 most commonly asked interview questions”
- Handout on “top 100 interview questions”
- Individual questions from the participants and queries
It is a complete package on what you need to do to secure your job- from making the CV, tips on how to apply effectively, how to prepare for the interview till facing the actual interview board.
G. Sumdany Don is an independent career consultant. During weekends, he conducts the "Career Book Workshop" in East West University (EWU), and the "Career Vision Workshop" in the University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB). He also takes regular training sessions in Prothom-alojobs Training and few other training institutions. He has spoken in different seminars and workshops all across Dhaka, including the Career Summit 2012, NSUers Meet the Corporate Icons, AIUB's Leader for Nation Seminar, seminars conducted by UNYSAB, career counseling workshops organized by IBA (JU) and so on. He also has his own newspaper column titled “Don’s Career Tips,” which is published every Thursday in the Independent Newspaper.
And all these are only his part-time activities, his own version of "extra-curricular activities!” He says career counseling is his "Passion Project“.
As a full-timer, Don is the Marketing Manager of one of the largest multinational companies, and represents a brand that is one of the top 10 global brands out of all product categories in the world.